Dresser make over!

Hello All! Long time, no blog over here. That's because I've been keeping up with my school blog! You should check it out too :) http://theelementarydarling.blogspot.com/

Last year, I bought this little gem at an auction for 30 bucks, I think. (It's been a while...) Well I just knew it had potential to be something fabulous, and I wanted a teal/turquoise t.v. stand.  I knew that this piece could hold a lot as well.



First, I used the Zinsser Cover Stain Primer paint to cover the wood. I had to use two coats, three in some places. No sanding needed!


So took the dresser outside and took out all the drawers, and started priming away.












                   

It took me a million years, and a thousand turquoise colors, to get a final decision. I went with  Shaded Lake and got it from Lowes.


I did about 2-3 coats, and it turned out like this :)


Then I went to Hobby Lobby to look for hardware to update the look. They had a 50% off sale, so of course I took it as a sign from God to buy the hardware! haha! Here are some close up shots!




So of course, I looked to pinterest for some inspiration pieces, and found a few things but nothing jumped out a me, except this.


I found this blog post, and thought the pop of color on the drawers were adorable, so I went to the same website that she did, and bought this wallpaper. I went for a more bold look, because I love bold looks! The website is http://www.spoonflower.com. You can create your own wallpaper or buy one that someone has made. I found some gorgeous things, but ended up with this one. I measured my drawers and ended up buying the whole role, versus the samples. It was just more cost savy that way. Yes, it was expensive, but it was fast and I found something that I love, so to me it was worth it!


 I love how it turned out! It has my favorite color, bling, and wallpaper.





Comments

  1. Thank you so much for using my wallpaper "Jonesy" and sharing it with me! I love it! Very clever.

    Sarah from Peacoquette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it too, it is a fabulous design!

      Delete
  2. Super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts